Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lighting Thief


Text Analysis 

Author's Note: I think I understand textual analysis maybe I didn't do the best on this piece but I think I did okay and understand it well. I know I didn't do much on the book part but I talked about the movie and gave some good information so I think that was good too. 

 Have you ever thought that it could be possible to have gods in this world of ours? Well in this book and movie  “Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief “   its all about Greek Mythology. The main point or climax in this book is that Zeus Bolt is missing. And he is accusing Poseidon’s son Percy.  The main point that im trying to show here is that there is a lot of textual analysis in this book and movie.

 Furthermore I would like to say that like the camera angle and effects in the movie are what helps the people understand the importance on what’s going on in the movie. Like for example low angle shot looking up at Poseidon – shows how big he is and how he isn’t human. Another example is High angle shot looking down on Poseidon as he is travelling somewhere – shows that he has been there before. And that’s just one thing sound effects it a lot to.
 Like,  City is silence – seems to quiet, as if something is meant to happen. And another one is Music’s mood changes to a lower tone to create a darker, mysterious atmosphere. See the affect of the camera angle and sound helps a lot especially in the movie. For the  book its different. How its different is they changed the book from the movie, they cut some parts out and I think changed some stuff which is bad or good it could go both ways.
  Also I would like to say that all of these things are very important to help the reader, and I guess watcher to understand  what’s going on in the movie and book . Now I understand a lot more about this movie and book and how the effects of sound, lighting, and camera effects help the book and movie for people to understand these things are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment