Thursday, October 11, 2012

Personal Narritive


Fantastic Season

My first Practice I thought my team was horrible I only knew like 2 people on my team. In my head I’m thinking that were never going to win a game this season, but shockingly when we started practicing we were pretty good. I saw some of my teammates pitch and I was fascinated by how good they were pitching it was unreal. That moment I knew my baseball team (Washington nationals) will be undefeated.

 First game of the season and I’m all nervous because I didn’t want to lose to a team that by the looks of it wasn’t very good at all. I was thinking that are team was the best and no one could stop us well I was wrong. After the 3rd inning  we could not hit the ball at all. Also even worse we couldn’t pitch either and I thought every other team wasn’t going to hit the ball once well I was wrong again they were hitting everything until the 5th inning. That’s when we stopped them from hitting which was good but still are team was hitting well, we either grounded out or struck out in that inning.

 In the 6th inning we held them at 7 runs to are 3 and we are up to bat and if we don’t get more runs than 7 we lose. So then it’s up to me then Zack and Dakota to do something for are team. I got on base with a double but the next play Zack grounds out for one out and I got to third on a steal. Next play Dakota hits a pop fly in the outfield for 2 outs and I tagged up and scored now the game is 7 to 4 with 2 outs. Ryan is the next one up and he gets a double and were all excited thinking were going to come back  and win but when Nathan got up  and he grounded out to end the game 7 to 4. Are team still wasn’t mad not sad we were happy not the happiest because we lost but still happy and making Nathan feel better and telling him it wasn’t his fault we lost we all played bad.
Continuing the season we were on a win streak after that first lose. It came down to the 3rd last game we were  9-1 and we had to play the 2nd place team for the first time and they were coming in 8-2 into this game. We were in the outfield first, Jayden was pitching and I was at first warming my infielders up. We started out strong until Jayden’s elbow cause him to stop pitching and that hurt . Are team  couldn’t stop them from hitting the ball  also we walked a lot of their player’s so they were beating us 7-0 in the 2nd inning. Finally we ended the inning 8-0 and we were up to bat and we came ready to hit we were getting base hit after base hit. The inning ended 8-6 and from there on we didn’t score but they did we ended up losing 13-6.


Our season ended and we finished 12-2 I thought that was pretty good going into the playoffs first seed. But sadly we lost a lot of our players to vacations and other family things. Sadly we lost are best pitcher and are best catcher and more people too so pitching was going to be hard same with catching. Our first game in the playoff’s we crushed  them we beat them  20-6 are pitcher Jayden was on fire with like 6 strikeout’s in  2 innings. From there on we didn’t win we took third in the playoffs and 1st in the season but we were winners.  We were proud of what we did this season because we score 156 runs all season and playoff’s while the other teams only scored like 50 runs all season. I personal thought that was the best year of baseball I’m ever going to play are team was amazing we never got down on are self we always brought each other up when we were losing.  We never quit and I hope in my next few years in baseball will have the same team like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment