Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unthinkable

Author's Note:I think this is my best piece i spent the most time on this piece and i think its my best because i love Joe mauer he is my favorite baseball player.
                          Joe Mauer
   
Joe Mauer only struck out once in his high school career with a batting average of 526 that’s amazing. What made me read a book about Joe mauer is he is my favorite baseball player that I look up to ,because I either want to be a Baseball player when I grow up or a Football  player. One or the other depends on which one will kick off when i grow up.What I think about Joe mauer is that he is the best baseball player in the MLB.    

Although Joe is a fantastic baseball player he was a really good football player in high school because he got a lot of scholarships for football . Sadly he turned them down because he want to follow his baseball career which he did and now is in the pros because of that.What I like about him is that he is a catcher for Minnesota twins but a lot of catchers aren’t that good at hitting so they put them at the bottom of the line up but joe mauer isn’t a  normal catcher. He’s 4 in the lineup for hitting which is weird that he is hitting 4 because catchers aren’t that good at hitting .               

But not Joe he is one of the best hitter’s in the league of baseball.he was the only the 2 catcher in history to win 3 batting titles that is really good coming from my input .Also I think that joe mauer would be great if he didn’t have health issue a lot .Joe has been getting  injured and been out of games a lot over the past couple years.And maybe its because Joe is getting older and doesn't have the abilities to play baseball anymore like he use to.



And finally What Joe is the best at is playing other positions  this last year he played first base because he had health issue and couple years ago he played third base because they didn’t know he was a good catcher until like 3 years ago. now he only plays catcher when he has no health issue or maybe he doesn’t want to play that game because they can  sit out games if their not back up to full strength or if their tired.That’s how i know joe mauer is the best is because he can do so many things that impresses me and I do want to be like him when i grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment